Fit for All Week 2021
Leisure Centres, Gyms and Fitness Professionals throughout Tipperary 'Fit For All' week 2021 is now open for registration.
This week of open inclusive fitness is to raise awareness of how people with disabilities can enjoy fitness easily in their communities.
Get involved, register now.
The event will run from October 11th – 17th is open to any Gym, Leisure Centre, Fitness professional or Physical Activity provider who
wishes to provide inclusive fitness opportunities for people with disabilities in their community.
Full details on how to register are at https://caracentre.ie/event/fit-for-all/
What you need to do:
1. Register your Centre: Log onto our website www.caracentre.ie/events/fit-for-all and register your centre details and contact for the week.
2. Connect with your Local Sports Partnership: Actively link with the Sport Inclusion Disability Officer within your LSP before,
during and after the week to promote, develop and review your participation in Fit For All 2021.
3. Connect with an Adult Disability Service in your local Community, who you will engage with during Fit For All week and
support the Service users in fitness activities during and after Fit For All week.
4. Sign the Sport Inclusion Disability Charter: As part of the 2021 programme all organisations & facilities participating in Fit For All
must sign the Sport Inclusion Disability Charter to be eligible to receive an equipment pack. The charter can be signed through
the following link: https://caracentre.ie/sport-inclusion-disability-charter/
5. Promote: Work with your Local LSP & Sport Inclusion Disability Officer to promote their participation in Fit For All 2021 and link
with local disability organisations and individuals within your county.
6. Deliver: Participating centres can review their current programmes with a view of promoting activities to people with disabilities
or in the case where no suitable programmes exist review the possibilities of developing new activities. Activities may be delivered
on site, or virtually.
7. Feedback: Provide feedback through a survey to Cara on your experience of being involved in Fit For All 2021 and how it has impacted on
your inclusive practice