In celebration of Women in Sports Week 6th - 12th March 2023 Tipperary Sports Partnership supported by Sports Ireland Coaching will deliver a Coaching Girls in Sport Workshop on Tuesday March 7th 7.00pm-10.00pm
This workshop has been developed by Sport Ireland Coaching to provide a professional development opportunity for coaches working in the area of sport and physical activity, and is specifically aimed at those coaching girls aged 12 – 17.
This workshop is aimed at coaches working in the area of children and youth sport. Although the workshop have been specifically designed for those working with 12 to 17 year old females, coaches working younger girls may also benefit from attendance.
Previous coaching experience is required and candidates must have a foundation level qualification at the very least to attend the course.
How this course will help you understand and develop your skills as a coach or trainer with girls age 12-17
1. Identify the key reasons why girls engage in physical activity and sport and why they drop out.
2. Gain an understanding of the relationship between physical activity participation and mental health for adolescent girls.
3. Understand the importance of communication (coach to player and player to player) in retaining girls in sport
4. Raise awareness around the effects maturation and puberty can have on females.
5. Identify the role of actual competence, perceived competence and confidence for engaging girls in sport and physical activity.
6. Examine coaching practices and communication that foster autonomy, confidence, and belonging in girls across team and individual sports.
7. Design environments that cater for relationships, connectedness and competition
To book a place on this course click on https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/coaching-ireland-coaching-girls-in-sport-wor...
Cost is €15 plus booking fee